The Foundation of Harjes Downer, an independent investment management firm committed to enabling clients to become high-performance businesses, will hold its Day of Volunteering during the upcoming month. The day is part of the year-round Volunteer Initiative under The Harjes Downer Foundation whose mission is to empower people to reach their full potential.
Many Harjes Downer employees volunteer year-round in their communities, directly and through organized events. The Harjes Downer Day of Volunteering adds to this by bringing together company employees, along with their families and friends, as a regional volunteer team. To this occasion volunteers in Harjes Downer offices in Asia will hold events.
Among the shortlisted activities are:
- Reading to children with an international organization that delivers sustainable, high-impact services to the poor and needy;
- Volunteers will work with a soup kitchen for the homeless, to distribute food to about one hundred individuals;
- Presenting an interview skills workshop to interns at a local Careers Academy; painting, a temporary shelter for homeless families with children;
- Conducting a professional development workshop for homeless seniors; packing and delivering lunches to the homeless; revitalizing a playground with an organization which provides education, residential, therapeutic and family support;
- Taking children to a marine aquarium under the care of an organization that advances the development, well-being and aspirations of persons with intellectual disabilities;
- Cooking and serving a BBQ lunch for patrons of an organization that works with individuals facing homelessness, mental illness and addiction;
- Refurbishing a rooftop garden and organizing donated clothes at the region’s largest homeless youth agency;
- Engaging NGOs in a project management workshop, specifically intended for the NGO leaders.