The first Safety and Wellbeing Awards, held by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), recognised the exceptional work being done across the group.
Eleven winners picked up awards in front of around 250 people at the ceremony, held in Manchester. All were chosen for their achievements and successes in keeping the workforce safe and well.
- Safety and Technology Innovation: Sellafield – Waste Vitrification Plant Pipe Bridge in High Level Waste Plant
- Outstanding Project: Sellafield – Silo Maintenance Facility Project
- Achievement in Safety: Magnox – Focus on Continuous Improvement
- Achievement in Wellbeing: Magnox – Mental Health First Aid and Wellbeing
- Role Model: Sellafield – Josephine Stabler
- Role Model: Dounreay – Denny Macdonald
- Role Model: LLWR – Darren Simpson
- Role Model: Magnox – Angharad Rayner
- Role Model: Magnox – Keith Jennings
- Role Model: Sellafield – Dorothy Gradden
- Chairman’s Award: Sellafield – Silo Maintenance Facility Project
There were many highly commended teams and individuals from across the NDA group, including from our subsidiary Radioactive Waste Management (RWM).